MACA and NWTAC staff and the Stakeholder Group of community government leaders and administrators gathered in Yellowknife January 13 and 14 for the first meeting in the comprehensive review of municipal funding policies.
Facilitator Lew Voytilla led MACA staff and the 16-member stakeholder group in:
• Establishing the meeting objectives
• A MACA overview of current funding formulas
• A review of the strategic goals of the current funding policies
• A round table discussion on how the policies are working or not working
• Discussion of the outcomes the funding policies should achieve
During the second day of discussions, participants:
• Had an open discussion of funding policy design questions
• Developed ideas for improving the funding policies
• Discussed the choices between policy options
• Agreed on next steps in the review process
A report on the meeting proceedings will be distributed and posted to this website.
MACA and the Stakeholder Group will meet next on February 26 and 27 to review progress and discuss actions. The last meeting of the Group is April 15 and 16, before the production of a final report due in May.
See copies of the January 13, 14 meeting:
The NWTAC will continue to provide updates, keeping you informed of progress on the Community Funding Review