Welcome to the Northern Communities Insurance Program
Run by the NWT Association of Communities
Formed by the NWT Association of Communities in 1978, the Northern Communities Insurance Program (NCIP) provides insurance services to Member Community Governments.
NCIP is a made-in-the-North insurance program and is responsive to to the needs of its NWT Member Communities.
Please remember that as a Member, you are an owner of the insurance program. When it is successful, you benefit.
You can help control its success by working to prevent losses.
The Program’s aim is to:
- Provide broad liability and property insurance coverage at stable and best value costs
- Stabilize insurance rates to ensure financial certainty for members
- Help Member Communities prevent claims through risk management training and resources
We provide insurance services to 23 NWT Community Governments and the NWT Association of Communities.
- Managing insurance coverages:
- General Liability
- Auto Liability
- Auto Physical
- Arranging special coverage
- We also provide:
- Contract review
- Issuing all documents
- Handling all enquiries
- Claims management
- Coordinating Risk Control Workshops
- Loss Prevention Initiative
Communities are insured in two ways:
- Northern Communities Insurance Exchange (NORCIX self-insurance program
- Excess coverage purchased from third-party insurance companies
- Broker Services – AON Reed Stenhouse
- Claims adjuster – Arctic West Adjusters
- Appraisal Services – Loss Control Consultants
Member Only Section
To access NCIP documents for your community, click on your community name link below and have your username and password ready.
Documents are in PDF and Microsoft Word form for ease of download and use. Documents include insurance schedules, vehicle pink cards, claim forms, change forms and other information.
Your username and password will only work on the link to your community page.
- Fort Liard
- Fort McPherson
- Fort Providence
- Fort Simpson
- Fort Smith
- Hay River
- K’asho Got’ine
- Norman Wells
- Sachs Harbour